Sunday, August 24, 2014

Reflection of the Summer

This summer has been one of the best! I was able to fly to the other side of the country to do a engineering program at Perdue, I was able to get back into blogging and to be able to control my time with blogging, go to my favorite art museum with some of my favorite people,

Perdue University:

So of you may know, but I went to Perdue University in Indiana for a Engineering program! I am so lucky to be able to have gone! It was a great experience and I was able to meet so many people! I actually wouldn't mind going back! The only thing that I dint like about Indiana was the weather. Then again I'm used to west coast weather. But I think that if I was there longer, I would have gotten used to it.



Volunteering:
This summer I am so fortunate to be able to work at two aquariums this year! Both were a lot of fun! One of the aquariums, I had done the program last year. So I was already familiar to that program, which was giving tours to school groups. The second aquarium is definitely much bigger that the first one. Yet, It was a lot more different than the first one. For this program we had to work at different stations throughout the aquarium. This  meant me working from the Sting Ray pool, all the way to talking about Abalones! But one special thing that I was able to do was to have a special Animal Encounter at the second Aquarium! We were fortunate enough to feed the Sea Otters their lunch! They are absolutely the most adorable creatures in the world! This was definitely one of the highlights of my summer!






Blogging:
As most of you can tell, but I have been definitely more active on my blog! And I am so happy I am! Before I was so wrapped up in school and such that I had no time! But now that I am able create a better schedule for blogging, it has become a life savor! But I have definitely have had some fun times taking blogposts! 











Arctic Monkeys Concert:
Besides the Sea Otter encounter, I am so Happy that another one of my favorite things that happend this year was probably the best thing ever! I am madly in LOVE with the Arctic Monkeys! And Alex Turner is probably the hottest person in the world! :) I adore them and I am so lucky and fortunate that I got to go and sing along to my favorite songs!




LACMA:
This was probably another highlight of my summer! This actually was my second time going to the LACMA since I was in the 2nd grade! I loved it then, and I still love it now! I have always had a passion for art, and this place has such a nice modern atmosphere! Plus I was able to capture some really cool shots!










Getting closer to God:
Another amazing thing that I was able to experience was to become closer to god. I now go to a new church where they have a youth group! This youth group is probably the most looking forward to thing of the week! I just love how we go in depth detail about the bible and actually talking and discussing the scriptures!

Here are some of my favorites:









What was your favorite part of the summer?










No comments:

Post a Comment