Sunday, August 17, 2014

Back 2 School: Study + Time Management Tips

Along with the rest of the sections of my Back to School series, this is one of the most important one out of all of them. And that is being able to utilize your studying skills and time management. TO be honest, I have always struggled with study skills. But for me I just needed to find what fit me best!

So here are my tips of Studying and Time Management!

Time Management:

To-Do List:
This is one of my secrets. I use a to-do list daily! If you you saw my school supplies essentials blog post, you would have read about my to-do list book, and how I love to use it for school! I even use it on the weekends! During the weekends I love making list of stuff related to school and even things that are completely not related to school!

TIP: Add in somethings to your list that you already do! This will help you cross off things more easily off of your list, and help motivate you to do more!


Prioritize:
One of the biggest problems I have with time management is prioritizing! For me, school goes first and then family and friends. Usually during a school day after I write my daily school to-do list, I usually make another list labeled with numbers and then I write down the stuff I have to do first down (Most important ) to the last ( Usually something that I can skip since it's last ). 



Agenda:
Yes. I know, I know. You guys have heard it so many times before. But I cannot stress how much you MUST use your agenda for school! I personally have a Erin Condren planner. I absolutely love it! It literally has my life in my book!

If you would like to see my planner organization, please let me know! :)




Studying:

Music:
I personally am a Kinesthetic Learner which means that I like to work/study both hands on and visually! One of the things that I love doing while studying is listening to classical music! I use Spotify on my computer for the background music. A really good app that I love to use is Songza! This app gives you the time of day and then what you are currently doing! And then it create different playlists! 


APP's:
I Love using App's for studying! I personally like using either Quizlet and / or StudyBlue.com! Both of these app's help with creating online flashcards! The only difference is that StudyBlue.com allows you to join a class! This is such a timesaver because usually you can find your class, and they already have their flashcards done! All you have to do is study!



Audiobooks:
Like I said, I am a Kinesthetic Learner. When I read, I either like to read out loud  and follow along, or  having a audio book read it to you! This will definitely be beneficially to fellow learners and most likely auditory learners! 



Cornell Notes:
I started taking Cornell notes back in seventh grade because it was mandatory for my social studies teacher's class. Since then I have been using this method! It is super beneficial! I love how on the left column, you are able to write questions about the notes, and then you write your notes on the right side. And last but not least you write your summery on the bottom! This is perfect for studying for tests!




What are some study tips do you use?






No comments:

Post a Comment