Friday, August 15, 2014

Back 2 School: DIY Personalized Binder Covers

I have been seeing these all over Pinterest! And they are the Personalized Binder covers! I absolutely love the Lilly Pulitzer ones! And since I wanted these binder covers for my upcoming school year, I decided that I wanted to try and recreate them myself!

 Here are my steps into getting these fabulous binder covers for the upcoming school year!


Step 1: Find Your Patterns!

For this first step, I went on google and typed up Lilly Pulitzer Patterns and it can up with a bunch of really cute patterns.  You can also search up "Polka Dot Pattern's" or even "Striped Patterns" 

The possibilities are endless!

*Hint*
If you look up chevron, you will find the most adorable patterns!





I ended up choosing this solid turquoise and black and white chevron pattern!





Step 2: Opening it up

What you are going to need to do for this step is to open it up inside your word processor application on your computer ( Pages, Word, even PowerPoint! )

Since I have a Macbook, I will be using Pages.

If you are using Word, don't worry! Most of the buttons and such are close to each other! 





What I did above was just opening up a blank document and then inserting the picture that I have chosen to be my background.





What you are going to do next is enlarge the image so it fits the entire document!


Step 3: Creating the Banner!

Here comes the fun part! Now you are going to be able to add in the words to identify your binder cover! 


Next you are going to click on shapes, and choose the square.

( You can pick to do the other shapes, But I just like the look of the square)



Then your page should look like this:






Next thing you will do is extend the square across the whole page.

And there you go! You have your banner!




Feel free to change the color! I wasn't liking the blue on blue combo that was on before. So I decided this really pretty pink!



Step 4: Adding in the text
This is another fun part of this process! Now you are going to be able to label your binder cover! 

If you would like to know where I got the fonts, I actually downloaded them from

First Add in a text box:




Then type in the class / label that you would like to be in the box.




I highly recommend enlarging your text. In my case, the font that I was about to choose actually made the original font smaller, so I would have to make it really big number wise.

If you would like to find the font that I used on dafont.com, it is called Wednesday!











And their ya go! Your adorable Binder Cover!

All you have to do now is print it out and insert it into your binder!







Here are some more examples that I made!


      







What's your favorite pattern?



No comments:

Post a Comment