Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sweet 16 Party Planning: Picking a Theme

As my second post of this series I thought it would be good if I age you guys a few pointers on how address one of the biggest questions of party planning:

How do I decide on the theme of my party?

I always struggle with this question and how I am trying to search and try to find the answer! For me I ended up choosing on having a small party for my birthday in February, But I absolutely love my theme! I found it off of Pinterest! And I think it is absolutely adorable! 

And it is... 

Eloise at the Plaza!



It took me a very long time for me to really decide if I wanted to base my party over this theme, but I think I am making a adorable choice!


So here are my tips on trying to find the answer this question!



What type of party do you want?

Basically there are two different answers to this question: A fun dance floor kinda party or small and close party. This mostly relies on your guest list and such, but you could easily change that. If you want a big party, think of some fun themes! Such as a Hollywood theme or maybe a Moroccan inspired party! If your thinking about going towards the smaller party ideas think of more themes that would be more appropriate for smaller groups of people! You still could base you party with the hollywood and Moroccan theme, but usually I think to do something more original when I have less people! And as you can tell I love the book inspired themes! That is always a possibility!


What do you want to do during the party?

This is where a lot of the debate comes. Do you want to have a dance floor? Do you want to play games? Photo booth maybe? Most of these ideas come from what you budget is, but a lot of these you could definitely DIY them! Fo my party I will probably play a couple of game and possibly have tea or even brunch! Remember to keep the activities for you party are appropriate for your party! So if you are having a Alice in Wonderland theme maybe you could do something such as having a garden scavenger hunt! Or even play crocket! 


Do you prefer a color scheme?

This usually isn't a big problem while deciding but sometimes people base their themes off of a color they like! I personally wanted to incorporate pink into my party somehow, but I know that sometimes people like to put in Tiffany Blue or a Light yellow into their party!


I hope this helped!

If you want to see some of my party inspirations, check out my 





No comments:

Post a Comment