Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Style Inspirations / Staple Pieces

It  has taken me a while to actually think about what to say during my blog post. Reason being is because my style is kinda different yet same. Where I live, all of the girls wear only Brandy Mellville and Urban Outfitters. I'm not saying that there in nothing wrong with those stores! But i'm VERY tired of seeing the same stuff. Thats when i started realizing  preppy/southern clothing. I remember i had just figured out preppy style, it was over the summer and i was on youtube and started becoming obsessed with Sarabellex93 and Themakeupbydanielle. I started really realizing that there was something different then what people around me were wearing!

And of course I fell in love with it! I love how sweet and polished the clothes look! A lot of my inspiration did come from youtube, but it also defiantly came from different bloggers!

I also put together a little "Guide to Sophia's Style" if you will.:) Basically its just what i wear a lot, or what i would wear it i had it!:)




1. A Monogrammed Jacket : These are so comfy and warm, perfect for those winter days you don't want to dress up on. Plus they have your monogram which makes everything 10 times better! I don't actually have on of these, but i am planing on getting one really soon. They can get a little pricy , but to me they are totally worth it!

2. Staple Necklaces: Staple necklaces are such a must have in my wardrobe! I wear a necklace like the rose one, at least 3 times a week! It makes your outfit look so much more fun and classy ( depends the way you style it). They can be very versatile to! You can wear them to school and work!

3. Riding Boots: For fall time, you must have a good pair of riding boots. Even if they are so plain they still look so cute with any outfit! My favorite way it to wear a trench coat with them, one cold days.  They give you such a classy look! I actually had to give away my italian boots away because they were to small, but i if i could have any riding boots in the world, i would have the Tory Burch ones:)

4. Ballet Flats: It's always a good idea to have a good pair of flats. I personally really only like neutral colors when it comes to shoes. So when i buy flats i like to get rather black, brown , or nude color. But one good thing, is that they look good year round! You could pair some flats with some jeans and a sweater in the winder, and some shorts and a blouse in the summer!

5. Button Up Collared Shirt: Another one of my must haves! Collard shirts are very simple and classic! They also look good with staple necklaces ;) .  They can latterly go from day to night! A perfect day look to me is a denim collared shirts, some black leggings, and rose staple necklace long with some nude colored sandals!


Hope this helps you guys get to know me better!

-xoxo
Sophia

2 comments:

  1. I have been dying to get a monogrammed jacket for the longest time!

    xoxo
    Alex

    preppyalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I don't have a monogrammed jacket but I usually wear a shep shirt or I have this really warm fleece pullover that I got from Southern Proper I put on when I'm freezing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete